Tuesday, April 3, 2018

The KJV Minister's Bible by Thomas Nelson


As a minister, there is no such thing as too many Bibles.  “Specialty” Bibles are a real treat, and The KJV Minister’s Bible is no exception.  The LeatherSoft cover is soft and supple to the touch, and yet feels very secure in the hand.  I would feel very comfortable holding this Bible open in one hand, while preaching.  For the most part the KJV Minister’s Bible lives up to the claim of “lay-flat” binding . . . when one gets to Revelation, some “pressing” is required, which is to be expected.  I also enjoyed the “clean” text of the Scripture passages.  While I have a Thompson Chain Reference, and love it for the copious cross references and margin notes, sometimes it’s refreshing just to get alone with God’s Word, minus the distractions.  This is a three-ribbon Bible, which means you can easily mark your place for different portions of Scripture, depending on the service.

A convenient thumb-tab allows you to open the Bible easily to a real treasure:  the complete Nelson’s Ministers Manual has been inserted between the Old and New Testaments, making this one of the most “minister-ready” Bibles I’ve ever come across.  Two study guides are included:  30 Days With Jesus, and a One-Year Reading plan.  The eight pages of full-color maps are helpful, as well.

I’ve only noted two issues with this KJV Minister’s Bible.  I like to mark up my Bible . . . a lot.  The highlighters I use seem to bleed through more than I would like.  And the one feature that I sorely miss:  a concordance.  For the serious student of the Bible, a concordance is indispensible. 

All those positives – and only two drawbacks – make this a Bible that I feel is well worth the purchase price.

5 golden stars for a minister-friendly Bible

THE KJV MINISTER’S BIBLE

Thomas Nelson
Bibles / King James Version / Reference
1166 pages
$44.99 (brown LeatherSoft)

No comments:

Post a Comment